With Memorial Day around the corner, I thought I would share some easy summer cocktails. Enjoy Responsibly.
This is exactly what it sounds like – mango juice and pomegranate juice. You can make these virgin or with the booze.
- 1 part “pom” pomegranate juice
- 3 parts mango juice (I like to use the kind you buy at the Indian grocery store – Maaza or Looza brand)
- 1-2 parts rum/coconut rum (optional)
Fill a highball glass with ice and add ingredients. Stir.
Henny and “Coke”
- 1 part cognac
- 3 parts coconut water
Fill a lowball glass with ice. Add ingredients and stir. Add a slice of fresh coconut for garnish!
- 1 750 ml bottle dry red wine (cabernet sauvignon/merlot/pinot noir)
- 1 1/2 C Sprite or other lemon-lime soda
- 1 1/2 C orange juice
- 1/2 C brandy
- 2T Cointreau/Grand Marnier/Triple Sec
- 2 T Grenadine
- 2 T lemon juice
- 2 T lime juice
- fresh fruit, chopped/sliced – your choice – apples, strawberries, pineapples, oranges
Mix, Chill. Serve.
note: if you use orange slices, add it right before serving. The pith can make the sangria bitter if left to sit. Everything else can be added ahead.
Passoa is a passion fruit liqueur. These are a few easy cocktails to make with Passoa. Serve over ice. All recipes are 1 part passoa and 2 parts mixer.
Mixer suggestions: Orange Juice, Mango Juice, Sprite
None of those gross mixers. Margaritas are very easy to make – just three ingredients: lime juice, tequila, cointreau or triple sec
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz cointreau/triple sec
- 1 1/2 oz blanco tequila
Fill your rocks glass with ice, add ingredients, stir! Garnish with a slice of lime. Get wasted. just kidding.
You can rim your glass with salt if you’d like. I opt not to. Or to do just a half rim. You can do this by running the lime around the rim of half the glass, then dipping it into a plate full of salt. If you want your margarita a little sweeter, you can add simple syrup – maybe 1/4 oz.